Saturday, October 30, 2010

Warning: Big Project Ahead

A big project is on the way, people.  BIG.  HUGE.  Just wait 'til you see what I've gotten myself into now.  I few days ago I had the urge to sneak a peek under the carpet in the closet of what we loving call "the blue room".  And just as I thought...  hiding under the old, stained, blue carpet are the house's original hardwood floors.  At first glance they actually appeared to be in pretty good condition.  I thought maybe a sanding and a new coat of poly would do.  But now that I have ripped up the whole kit-n-caboodle, there are a few spots that leave a bit to be desired.  




So I'm thinking of painting them.  I know that we Americans will all gasp at the thought of painting wood floors, but Europeans have been doing it for years.  Not to mention Quakers.  Plus I think it will look really cool.  It is going to be a craft room anyway.  And I am supposed to be creative in there.  So I thought of going for a look like one of these:



Now the only problem is that someday this room will belong to a teen-aged boy.  So I might have to tone down the girly.  Maybe grey?  Maybe some chevron stripes?  Any other ideas out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment