Monday, September 2, 2013

Ugly Light Switcheroo


My upcoming fall project is a redo of the kids playroom.  The reorganization has begun and I'm itching to get into the larger details that will take them from toddler to big kid (and hopefully beyond...).  But in the meantime...

As I was brainstorming up there one day, my eyes fell upon this sad fellow.  Can't actually believe that I have let him live here as long as I did.  




After a quick inspection (on a chair at the top of the stairs), I had immediate ideas.  The actual pendant of the light was fine.  Needed a color redo, but that's easy.  





It was just the horrifying glass shade thingy that I could no longer live with.  And the last time I was out shopping I found the perfect solution.  So for under $20 (including spray paint), a bit of elbow grease, and some help in the height department from my dear husband (who actually seems to approve of this project!), we now have this modern beauty instead.







Isn't that a million times better?  It's the small things people...



1 comment:

  1. That's much better. And more manly now, for your mini-men.

    ReplyDelete