Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Costumes: Installment #1

So it's October.  And you know what that means.  Costume-making time!  I can't remember the last time that I actually WORE a costume...  but I love to make them for other people.  So my sister's idea this year was for her and her boyfriend to be Dharma workers.  (from LOST, in case you were...)  Making a tan jumpsuit shouldn't be hard, I said.  Without a pattern?   No probs.  So I got some cheap tan Walmart sheets and got to sewing.  It took the entire living room floor and the bulk of the day on Sunday, but here is the almost final product.  (only finished with hers, not his...  better get my butt working!)



Also - if you are a LOST-watcher, you would realize that I hadn't yet put the name and job description on the pocket.  Since she ended up working at the "hatch" (see patch), we decided upon "Mary - button pusher".  Hehehehe.

1 comment: