Monday, October 18, 2010

Costumes: Installment #3

My niece is 2.  And talks in complete sentences.  Actually, she speaks better than some of the 4 yr olds that I know.  Apparently she likes to carry on conversations with her dolls and other inanimate objects.  Also, she speaks THROUGH her strawberry shortcake doll.  As in, "Daddy, strawberry shortcake says that she wants to watch a video right now."  Mmmmm-hmmmm.

So clearly I had no choice.  She just HAD to be strawberry shortcake for Halloween.  But not the old-school, pinafore strawberry shortcake of yore (otherwise know as my childhood)...  My niece only knows the slightly more hoed-up version.  She is no longer red really.  And only sports one strawberry, but whatever.  




So I had to walk out of Joann's with an armful of fuchsia fabric.  I also had to size down a pair of child size 8 leggings to fit a 2 yr old.  And I had to paint them with green stripes using blue painter's tape.  I guess these are the things that you do when you love costumes your niece. 





4 comments:

  1. I like your niece version better than the hoed up version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - ditto what "Small-bany" said! Nice job, Leanne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like that you said strawberry was hoed-up. the little skank!

    ReplyDelete