Friday, October 8, 2010

Costumes: Installment #2

The other day a friend made a request for a Dorothy costume for a certain 5 year old young lady whom I have known and loved since she was 18 mos. old.  Needless to say, I was an excited woman.  Excited as in ran to Joann's the moment that Jay got home to watch the kiddies.  Excited as in finished the entire thing the next day while taking two kids back and forth to their respective bus stops and nursery schools.  Also made them eat lunch in the living room because of the mess that I had created on the kitchen table.  (This girl is in DIRE need of a craft/work room).  Special thanks go out to my 5 yr old son, who was forced to try on this dress on several occasions.  Even with the protesting, I couldn't have done it so well without him!

I am happy to note that this is one of my finer works to date.  I followed directions and cut patterns precisely.  (who does that?)  And who knew?!  Patience sometimes does pay off.  

All it needs are some red shoes and braids.  I can not wait to see it on her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment