Thursday, January 6, 2011

Lima Bean What?

I'm not really one for over the top holiday-decorating.  Except that this year I felt like something was missing from my Christmas-y decor.  But I don't really love the whole red and green thing and I don't like clutter.

I stumbled upon a tutorial for a diy lima bean wreath and I thought it was really cool.  Problem was, when I went to Hannaford to get them, they didn't have any in the dry variety.  So I bought navy beans.  Which are like 1/2 the size of lima beans.  Causing the already time-intensive hot-gluing project to double (of course).  Hellllooooo.... didn't think of that in the store.  Oh well.  After three days of gluing beans to my muslin covered hay wreath (don't ask), I finally finished it.  I chose to leave it natural for now so the color varies from white to tan and I like it that way.  But up against my tan wall, it kinda washes out.  So I think that I might spray paint it white (like the tutorial writer did).  Then I can just change the ribbon color for the next holiday.  :)  Next up, pink.



3 comments:

  1. wow, talk about tedious! did you go all the way around the back too? i'm impressed, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way! The back is completely unadorned. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm giving you an award over on my blog. come & get it if you want it!

    ReplyDelete