Thursday, January 13, 2011

Wingback Chair: Modern Edition

My brother and his fiance have been looking for a cool wingback chair for their furniture-impaired living room.  A few months ago my friend Lindsey who was in the process of moving said to me, "hey, I know you like to fix up a good chair and I have this wingback chair that I don't want to take with me"....



The rest is history.  You know I followed her to her house that day and jammed that wingback chair into my trunk with the two kids in the back seat.  (Thanks Lindsey!)  Then it sat in my garage for a few weeks.  Until the day that I saw that clearance upholstery fabric was an additional 50% off at Joann's.  So I dragged my brother with me and we picked out fabric.



Now, I have upholstered things before, but nothing of this difficulty rating.  This is going to be a long process, for sure.  What I have learned so far is that reupholstering is like sewing and reverse engineering all in one.  Right up my alley.  I have also learned that there is an item called 'curve ease' and that I need it.

So I am doing this in very small pieces.  Take a piece off, replicate, put it back on.  So far so good.  But I have a long way to go.  Stay tuned!






1 comment:

  1. wow you've got skills! the fabric choice is great and it's going to look awesome when you're done.

    ReplyDelete